Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just finished a first draft of a really heavy (for me) article on gender and community forestry, more specifically how women's participation is linked with women's representation. The more I think about it, this is something i would love to explore more explicitly in CF and photography. It's such a cool little niche of questions, especially when I am concentrating on how women see themselves, how they think other people in the community see them, against who they really are - all of this with the forest as a background.

I would say before writing this article, I just didn't and couldn't synthesize what it meant to see such empowered women in a community like Thung Yao. I'm really glad I wrote this article, if not for readers of the material, for myself.

What I got: a better understanding of what it means to be a citizen in a community. The potential we have as decision-makers. Fulfilling this role.

Why do they not teach these things, i mean really teach these things, to sub-adults earlier?

No comments: