Sunday, November 27, 2011

do you know the difference between love and obsession? no

home from chonburi! back with the most amazing foods: nam prik (courtesy of the school hosting the event) and deep-fried, honey-fermented fingerling bananas! they are also known as "god helps the fried bananas". I also brought back a bunch of forest cuttings and seedlings with me (they were left over from the event)! Now I have plants at home! About 8 different plants, from forest bamboo to some hard to find hard hoods. I hope they don't mind living in the city with me. I am naming one of them Bo Thong after the district we visited. My boss is so lucky she had the space to take home a Lam Yai tree (one of the most delicious Thai fruits).

Highlights of the trip:
at least 3 awesome photographs from the trip
discovering these fried honey bananas
having QT time with my very cool boss and co-workers
seeing monocultures of rubber plants (thon yang para), eucalyptus (thon yuca), and sugar cane
seeing more of Thailand
the OK to do field research in a CF in Chiang Mai every month!!

No comments: