Monday, May 21, 2012

my goal today is to stay up past 9 pm and wake up no earlier than 6 am. i thought i'd get over jeg lag quicker.

time in LA was intense. let's just say i'm thinking about post-december a lot and the variety and slew of responsibility that will be flooding into my lyfe then.

i feel guilty that i am losing focus on my mission in thailand as a result of it. other things on my mind include food. i think about food all the time actually and all the different things i want to try to cook. some of these things include:

conceptual pastries

fig and walnut rolada

vegan and gluten free dishes

meatballs

herbal ice tea experiments

ornate root vegetable stews

checking out loads and loads of cook books from the public library and cooking for my mom and i.

fried garlic and herb mixtures as salad toppings (currently frying lemon grass and garlic... as of recently, i eat about one garlic bulb a day)

ramp dishes!!! (ramps and potatoes, ramps in a seaweed salad, ramp rice omelette, ramp biscuits)

i really don't feel like my usual self lately. far from disenchanted, but really seeking SO much alone time. I would say 80% of my day is to myself. never bored, but pensive the entire time.

No comments: