Monday, October 17, 2011


if my internet was decent, I would find this photographer that I have once posted about. An image of a rain coated man in the northwest forest. a logging series, if i can remember correctly. it's in color, but after seeing this picture, I notice a nostalgia i have for black and white. i will be able to do it again, and i'll do it well, and share the most beautiful prints with you. my house will be covered in them and i will give them away as gifts. one to you and one to you. i will have a darkroom someday. i will, i will, i will.

days don't have that lonely gap anymore. i have friends. i have so many neighbors that i like. i can call them up and see what they're doing. none of them speak thai, but that's okay. the ones that i know are really great. i was so scared to look and seem american, but i am, i am thai-american. i realized that i won't get kidnapped or raped, as my mother and father had previously warned, as long as i am respectful and nice. and i can smile and just settle into myself again and not worry too much about subconsciously seducing someone to kidnap me for a million dollar ransom.

finally figured out my agenda for the next week. going to Petburi! then i'll have two days to myself. go out and shoot and visit one of my aunts, get my film developed. still need to buy a scanner.

1 comment:

kristin said...

Estelle! I miss you so much and I love reading your stories. Sounds like moving around is getting easier for you and that you're figuring out how to live in thailand.
I'll try to be around/awake on one of these friday nights to skype with you. Until then, know you have a friend reading from afar.