Monday, October 3, 2011

I saw some amazing photographs at work today (yes, day one at dream internship)... they were of the most amazing places with the most fascinating things that I too would like to document. I feel so so lucky that my most recent thought out dream is coming true. Regardless if I'm granted a Fulbright, it was an unbelievably empowering process, which led me to this opportunity. You're really put under the pressure to think about what you want for yourself and to put those concepts into words that you believe in. If you can see that far, you learn how to make it happen. It's just so crazy sometimes that you can get exactly what you want. For the next year, I get to do exactly what my heart and mind desires. I'll be diving into community identity through the meaningful responsibility found in the practice of community forestry. Photographing and traveling- learning, learning, and learning.

Fulbright is due in exactly two weeks! I have a lot to shape up in that time. Studying Thai as well. I found a lovely, lovely, lovely language partner. Everyone at work converses in English, which is kind of a down side for my Thai, but maybe I can listen to the Thai radio as I work. My family is really happy for me and they agree that everything is looking up. I'm getting use to how long it takes to get everywhere and I'm understanding why people don't pass time with reading on buses. I would like to try, but it's not worth missing your bus stop and having to walk in the dirty, diesel heat. So to sum up my lyfe:

ROSE
dream internship
good fulbright interview (i think)
getting fat on good food (approx 2 kg!)

BUD
a year's swimming pass for 7 dollars!
traveling for work
traveling for fun
having frrrriends! (i think this can actually happen)
getting film developed

THORN
mosquito bites

I feel like this is the life I know: excited about everything that is coming forth. This familiar feeling is my home.

No comments: