Friday, October 15, 2010

a cross pollination of cultural ecology and the reach of poetry in visual language

"In preparation for this proposal and project itinerary, I have become more aware of the personal and professional responsibilities I am dedicated to. Although I see graduate school and working as a mentor in an educational environment in the scope of my career, I am also invested in the person I will be as I approach these goals. For this reason, I am committed to the openings or interruptions in life which unfold into a fuller sense of our world and ourselves. I see the spirit and experience of this trip as much more than the refinement of visual skills and the cultivation of the mind. I want to develop a practice which entails involvement with communities and other notions of audience as I am aware of the opportunities for artists in society is increasingly valued.

With the project I have proposed, I believe there is a powerful potential in the investigation of landscape as a language for the manifestation of culture which is expressed in the changing architecture of the land. The nature of this venture is interdisciplinary, allowing for a transcendence of boundaries in visual, ecological and anthropological fields. The gift of a multi-perspective question gives an encompassing examination of a significant environmental, cultural and political issue in Thailand. I have confidence in this project as a landmark towards the honorable role artists can have. "

No comments: