Monday, July 5, 2010

her looking is good

i love this essay written by sally mann on her new body of work. my sister photographer speaks about love and the body growing old. although the material is idiosyncratically processed, her seeing feels quite real, or actually quite accurate to all the ways she has expressed love to unfold in her relationship with her partner. it is seen in his bodily form and it's grotesque and strange- her method of being real is open and i am amazed by what the sitter shares.

i love her devotion to her practice and her faith to the things that are important to her. yes, it brings me down from my head to meet my heart. i am always asking myself these days how do i continue to do what i love?

i'd love to say something like this to my co-worker emiliano, but my spanish is real bad. we go back and forth all day saying "que pasa loca?" or "que pasa loco?" "nada, mucho trebajo!" or i tell him he is a pregnant with an empanada.

No comments: