Wednesday, March 17, 2010

last night, a lemon in my backyard with elephantitus fell off of its stem, and already it is moldy.

as certain as our beginning, there is an end.

my backyard has been my savior. many hours already of letting the sun clear out the day's stress. oh its unbelievable that i feel such peace upon arrival in this new home. its so quiet and bright, and the weather has been v. good to us.

slowly setting up my new scanner. bright days keep me away from working inside. i read outside. i love reading poetry outside on our baby blue stair case.

i read ted berrigan's III from sonnets the other night, and i almost cried, he stirred me up so good:


Stronger than alcohol, more great than song,
deep in whose reeds great elephants decay;
I, an island, sail, and my shores toss
on a fragrant evening, fraught with sadness
bristling hate.
It's true, I weep too much. Dawns break
slow kisses on the eyelids of the sea,
what other men sometimes have thought they've seen.
And since then I've been bathing in the poem
lifting her shadowy flowers up for me,
and hurled by hurricanes to a birdless place
the waving flags, nor pass by prison ships
O let me burst, and I be lost at sea!
and fall on my knees then, womanly.

No comments: