Thursday, January 21, 2010

one of those days



the weather is erratic here. i don't know how i feel about it yet. 30 minutes of pure sunshine today, sandwiched by torrential rain.

i didn't really feel like looking at an apartment today but i motivated myself to anyway. it wasn't anything i was crazy about, but the women were nice and served apple cider to their 15 minute increment interviewees (a few hours of these, they said). i think drinking that apple cider was the best part of my day. it reminded me of new england - hot apple cider with cider donuts.

the present is really strange - to have to tell so many people about the same things that constitute my weekly, daily, overall schedule/me. i'm exhausted of expressing myself singularly and exhausted of apt. searching. looking at one more place tomorrow. i feel grumpy!

on a lighter note, i made an eggplant moroccan stew- the secret ingredient is bittersweet paprika. it is excellent w. herbed quinoa.

my photo endeavors feel a little bit put aside as i try to align all these living logistics. but it'll start coming because i've got the research down. i found a number of volunteer positions i'd love to participate in and i signed up for a plant taxonomy field class. a plant nutrition class is my back up plan. either way, i think it's a good idea that i try to grow my own seeds to have a better understanding of plant propagration

No comments: