Thursday, October 15, 2009

im learning quikbooks

i biked past my mom today, she is sitting in steve's office (our awesome thai mechanic family friend). they are great together, unbelievably funny and loud. they looooove to gossip.

i wish i had a video of this:

my mom sitting across from me in a chair, the wall behind her with a collage of license plates from s. dakota, vermont, thailand, hawaii etc. steve went to the garage to check on something, and my mom starts saying "you know who macaw is? she is my grandmother, your great grandmother, my mom's mom. you know what she use to say to me? she said iching-

E: is that what she called you, iching?

M: yes that's what she called me

this is where my mom hunched forward just a little and put her hand in front of her, palm up, and then closed it slowly and strongly for a good grip and then let go w a little shake. she did it maybe 3 times and kept saying iching each time. she explained to me that macaw would illustrate like so to "bayat thang, bayat thang", save money, save money.

(when i saw them, steve said i got a little fat, and my mom said i should try a different look than 'homeless'. apparently it's getting old.)

4 comments:

EB said...

life experiences!

Menu Development said...

my moms name is macaw!!!!!

Menu Development said...

my moms name is macaw!!!!!

KennyFightsDirty said...

lol mom would would say that