Thursday, December 20, 2007

this upcoming monday will mark two weeks of vacation! while i've picked up some of my school books, i haven't really done anything considerably academic. it is something worth acknowledging because i've always been afraid of following a career oriented path like my mother. fortunately, i love things like the cinema, drinking tea, and maundering (although that is part work also) and those things keep me steady. so far though, my vacation has consisted of practicing ukulele, swimming, night hiking and eating. it may not seem like it, but those things take boatloads of time.



as soon as the new year starts i'm back on (school) track. i bought 20 rolls of tri-x today and if everything goes accordingly i'll be in s.f. for new years, and santa cruz prior to that. new mexico sometime in mid january. and san diego and palm springs this week hopefully.

i've been watching these mid 60s bob dylan takes. they are filmed in black in white and they make me go crazy! the starkness of the black is so amazing and i feel very little need to work in color. it reminds me that my curiosity and turbulent love for the world is nourished by all of my maundering and recorded by black and white film.

No comments: