Monday, November 12, 2007



i have not been abiding that sense of strangeness that has brought me to photography. by that i mean, i've spent a lot of time printing. i am really feeling like my abilities do not equate to the measure of beauty i encounter. i think i might be meeting some kind of a juncture.

the best thing about today was sitting in front of a heat lamp at the esselon cafe feeling like my skin was in california. it is new for me to get home sick this late into the year. other than the sun, the comfort of my california lifestyle depends on the following habitudes:

1. cheap avocados
2. burritos
3. thai food
4. reading in my garden
5. sea breezes
6. biking past traffic
7. shorts all the time

dad sent a loving gesture in the mail today. he gave me a check to buy a ticket home for thanksgiving. sweeter than coconut sugar.

No comments: